Movement Preparation: Scissors (Right)
• Stand on the right side of the ladder, and turn to face the ladder
• Standing still, place right foot inside the first square, left foot outside
• With a swift scissor motion, quickly withdraw the right foot and replace it with the left foot
• With the next scissor step, withdraw the left foot while placing the right foot into the second square
• Repeat the pattern for the length of the ladder
• Then repeat the drill on the left side of the ladder, left foot starting inside the first square
PROGRESSION: Start slowly in first session, then increase speed through subsequent sessions as athletes learn the pattern.