Movement Preparation: Continuous Jumps 3
• Start with both feet at the beginning of the ladder, shoulder-width apart
• Jump into the first square with both feet
• Pause briefly, then jump into the second square
• Continue for length of the ladder
• Look to develop a consistent rhythm while jumping
1. Once athletes know the basic pattern, reduce the pause and try to jump continuously
2. Level 2: Skip one square by jumping into the second square, then the fourth square, etc.
3. Level 3: Skip two squares by jumping into the third square, then the sixth square, etc.
4. Introduce additional variations to the jumping pattern, such as going forwards and backwards.