Movement Preparation: Weave (Left)
• Coach stands at the cone where the first cut occurs
• The first athlete approaches the first cut, does a “plant plant”, and backpedals to the diagonal cone
• Make sure the player plants beyond the cone
• Targeting the plant foot is vitally important: look for targeting of the feet, and not just the “plant plant”
• Reinforce the “plant plant” by saying “plant plant” or clapping twice
PROGRESSION: Speed, direction, pressure, contact and avoidance, surface, footwear, competition or rivalry.