Movement Preparation: Knee Hug and Lunge
• This is a variation of a walking lunge, performed on both sides
• Lift up one knee, grasp with both hands, and pull to chest
• Then take a big step with the same leg and descend into a lunge
• Ensure the knee is over the toes and the trunk remains vertical
• Ensure trailing knee does not touch the ground in lunge position
• Stand up, take a couple of normal steps, and repeat with opposite leg
• Aim for lunges of equal depth and length, right and left sides
1. If too complex, separate the activity into two activities at first.
2. Once athletes are comfortable with both movements, combine into single activity.