Movement Preparation: Butt Kicks
In short, quick steps, bring heel as close to backside as possible.
• In short, quick steps, athletes kick their heels up to their backside
• Keep toes up (flexed)
• Upper leg stays perpendicular to ground; only the lower leg is kicking
• Both legs come in contact with the backside
• Athletes may put hands behind their back, but it is not required
• Look for improvements in kicking speed
PROGRESSION: Increase the speed. This activity may be dropped as athletes progress to higher levels.