Workshops & Tutorials: Applying MBSE with UPDM on DoD Acquisition Programs
Speakers: Mary Tolbert - MITRE & Tamara Hambrick - Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
When: Day 4 - Wednesday, May 25, 2016
- Describe the beneﬁts of a Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approach over a document-based approach for DoD Systems Acquisition
- Explain the MBSE approach to ﬂow requirements from the mission/operational viewpoint System black box (external interfaces) design model to a preliminary white box design model using UPDM with SysML.
- Provide an overview of the DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) Viewpoints and Views developed using the - Unified Profile for DoDAF, MODAF, and NAF (UPDM) with the Systems Modeling (SysML).
- Hands-on lab exercise using Cameo Enterprise Architecture to create a UPDM model that will auto- generate - an Interface Control Document (ICD)
- UPDM supports developing an integrated system-of-systems architecture model that can be further reﬁned to support follow-on systems engineering lifecycle processes.
- UPDM is the DOD-mandated industry speciﬁcation for developing DODAF views using SysML.
- UPDM enables practitioners to graphically model DoDAF model elements and relationships, and to organize them in DoDAF-deﬁned viewpoints and views in support of the speciﬁc needs of stakeholders in the US - Department of Defense.
- UPDM with SysML is applied to produce a mission/operational viewpoint model and a preliminary System design model using a MBSE approach.