FieldTrace® - Adding Multiple Contracts to a Field
Here is a video of the process. There is currently no narration in the video.
This workflow allocates the crop acres by mapping the areas in the field for each contracted crop.
Grower has the following contracts:
S07M8 contract for 200 acres
S14H3 contract for 100 acres
The grower has the following Fields:
“Field 1” 250 acre field
“Field 2” 50 acre fields
Workflow using the field geometry as the crop geometry:
From the Map View:
1. Select the field that you want to use from the map or from the field list.
2. Select the Crop icon from the Add section below the field list.
3. Select “HDC Contracted Crops” from the dialog.
4. Use the check-box to select the contract and select Next.
5. Add the S07M8 contract to the 250 acre Field 1
6. Add the S14H3 contract to the 250 acre Field 1
7. Add the S14H3 contract to the 50 acre Field 2
8. Edit the geometry on the S07M8 crop in the Field 1 to 200 acres
9. Edit the geometry on the S14H3 crop in the Field 1 to 50 acres a. You could also draw the crop boundaries manually rather than using the field the geometry and editing it, so do whichever is simpler for your circumstance. Sometimes it is easier to use the field geometry as the crop geometry and edit it if the field geometry is complicated.
10. No adjustments are required on the S14H3 crop in the Field 2 field
Using this workflow, the crop acreage that is mapped in each field will be linked to the individual contracts.
To check the results, do the following:
A. You can review the records in the Contract tab of the data view.
B. Select a contract and click on the “…” in the “More” column at the right of the screen
C. The Contract Field List shows which fields are linked to this contract.
D. Applications can be recorded to multiple crops using the Copy To feature in the dialogs.
From the Data View:
1. Select the Field/Crops main tab and select the Fields sub-tab
a. Select the Fields sub-tab and highlight the field that you want (single mouse click).
b. Select the ellipsis “...” in the Actions column of the row that you highlighted.
c. Select Crop from the add options in the dialog that is presented.
d. Carry on from step 3 in the map view notes above.
2. Select the Field/Crops main tab and select the Crops sub-tab
a. Select the Add Crop icon on the right side of the header.
b. Select the field from the drop down in the dialog that is presented and select OK.
c. Carry on from step 3 in the map view notes above.