FieldTrace® - Adding a Field
Here is a video of the process. There is currently no narration in the video.
This workflow includes adding a field with multiple parcels and including a “cut out” area that is not cropped.
From the Map View:
1. Select the account name above the field list to display the account level options in the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select the Field icon in the Add section of “Selection Options”.
3. Name the field
4. Select the Add a Field Boundary option in the dialog.
5. Select the Draw field Boundary option
a. You could import a kml file if you have it saved in a known location.
6. Scroll to the area of the field and turn on the Satellite map layer.
7. Draw the perimeter of the first parcel. (As you do you will see the acreage being calculated at the top of the options bar on the bottom of the screen.)
a. Select the checkbox to save this parcel
b. Add the next parcel and select the checkbox for this parcel.
8. To create an area that is “cut out” of the field, select the parcel that is to contain the cut out by selecting the pencil icon related to that parcel.
a. Select Cut from the toolbar at the bottom of the map area.
b. Place the nodes around the area and select the checkbox to complete this task.
c. Repeat for other cut outs.
9. Select Done from the toolbar.
10. Add any additional data to the dialog.
11. Select Save to complete the process.
From the Data View:
1. Make sure you are on the Field/Crop main tab.
2. Then select the Fields sub-tab.
3. Select the Add a Field icon in the right side of the screen.
a. This will take you to the map view where you can follow the instructions listed above.