Mother Mary Lange
Mary Lange, O.S.P. (1784-1882), was an African-American religious sister who was the foundress of the Oblate Sisters of Providence, a religious congregation established to allow African-American women to enter religious life in the Catholic Church. A great example of letting the Holy Spirit act in one’s life is Mother Mary Lange. To understand how to be a witness to faith, let’s meet a student of Mother Mary Lange.
Ponder and Pray:
• In what ways did Mother Lang shoe the fruits of the Holy Spirit in her life?
• Are there aspects of Mother Lang’s life that are important for us to model in today's world?
Discussion/Activities with Children
• Tell me about the life and accomplishments of Mother Lang?
• Watch Hidden Figuras: youtube.com/watch?v=mDWbHs4twS4
• Make a picture storybook of Mother Lang’s life.