St. Luke is the writer of one of the gospels and the Acts of the Apostles. He is called the Evangelist because of his writing and how he helped to spread the Good News of Jesus' life, death and resurrection. His carefully detailed writings give us the only clear record of what happened after Jesus ascended to heaven.
Ponder and Pray:
• Read and reflect on Luke 11:1-4
• Place yourself in the scripture story that St. Luke wrote. Imagine learning the Our Father prayer from Jesus himself.
• Who taught you the Our Father? Have you taught someone the Our Father?
Discussion/Activities with Children
• Can you tell me one line of the prayer of Jesus, that the disciple shared with St. Luke?
• Practice the signing of the Our Father – youtube.com/watch?v=MD1bFkIoFN8
Here is a Link to another version with English Subtitles. youtube.com/watch?v=SUH7CiyXaBA
• Learn more about St. Luke at: teachingcatholickids.com/st-luke-the-evangelist/