St. John the Baptist
John the Baptist was the cousin of Jesus. In this video clip we will see John the Baptist tell the powerful story of when he baptized Jesus.
Ponder and Pray:
• Read and reflect on Luke 11:1-4
• The deep mystery of the Trinity is revealed at Jesus’ baptism. Spend some time thinking about God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
• At different times when you pray, do you name God as Father, Son or Holy Spirit? When and why?
Discussion/Activities with Children
• Can you retell the story of Jesus’ Baptism?
• What did you learn about John the Baptist from this video clip?
• Learn more about John the Baptist by viewing this Crossroads Kid’s Club video: youtube.com/watch?v=7NMHOLPWeTM or
• Find famous paintings of St. John the Baptist on the internet and discuss what you learn from these paintings.