Ryan Nystrom: Interaction and Animation Design for iOS
"iOS is known for being performance focused and having tons of subtle-yet-beautiful animations. Third party developers have taken animations on iOS a thousand steps further and really pushed the boundary of what's possible, even coming up with new ways of rendering the UI just to keep animations smooth at 60fps. With the advent of Facebook Paper, users have even higher expectations for animation performance and organic timing functions.
Topics covered will include:
- Animation principles (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_basic_principles_of_animation, smashingmagazine.com/2012/10/30/motion-and-animation-a-new-mobile-ux-design-material/, the12principles.tumblr.com/)
- Analysis of Facebook Paper
- How to keep animations performant (w/out being too technical)
- Resources for animation inspiration
- How to make boring animations delightful
- Facebook Pop (github.com/facebook/pop)
- Facebook Tweaks (github.com/facebook/tweaks)
- Facebook Origami (facebook.github.io/origami/)"