Reading is a life skill that we depend on every day, everywhere, in almost everything we do. The Holyoke Public Schools and Enchanted Circle Theater utilize the 7 Habits of Effective Readers as a strategy to help students focus on the text and bring a deeper understanding of the story they are reading. In the process, they become confident and motivated learners.
- Predict what they think will happen next in the story.
- Make connections to their own life experiences.
- Ask questions about what they are reading.
- Visualize what is taking place.
- Determine the important topics of the story.
- Infer meaning in the text by analyzing the information.
- Synthesize information to form a unified meaning
7 Habits of Effective Readers.
Movie Premiere - Seven Habits of Effective Readers